I am from Bethlehem

“I am from Bethlehem”… This answer I got from my client’s banker when I asked her “Where are you from”? I was thrilled to hear that…For those who read this it may not be a huge surprise or a matter to ponder. But for me it was like …one of my dream come true…Suddenly for 5 minutes I started admiring the beautiful lady who was sitting in front of me…Observing her carefully and her adorable and graceful gestures.

It was my dream from childhood, to visit Bethlehem, to see the place where Jesus was born. When I was relocated to Dubai, U.A.E, I always thought that some day I will be able to visit that place. But understood the reality that never in my life I will be able to see there. In gulf newspaper Palestine news have utter importance and usually I used to give a deep sigh after reading the same. I have seen, met, talked with many Palestinians and this thought …..the idea of someone seeing near to that place never hit my mind. And there she is …”I am from Bethlehem…”I think she understood that I am amazed…She suddenly added”I am a Palestinian”…..

Suddenly I felt my imaginations started wandering….I felt that it is some relative of Jesus Christ who was sitting in front of me…What made me admire that lady so much…

Later in the day I told my husband “I saw a lady who was born in Bethlehem” he was like “so what”? But I don’t know maybe I have thought about that place so much…maybe the manger, the bright shining star on the Christmas day, three kings who came to see Jesus might have caught my attention from my childhood…..

While I was still thinking about her and that place…she called me “Susha…your letter is ready” …I thanked her…gave her a warm wish and thought…till now I am not sure whether I can see Bethelehem..but at least I saw one person who was born and brought up there…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy!!!

I am one among them..

Solitude